Thursday, July 19, 2012

{a story}



How gorgeous is she?!

I have a cute story to share about her. I've been thinking about it all day.

My mom's youngest sister, K, has an almost 3-year old daughter named Violet. {This was their house!} Long story short, Violet is adorbs & I'm slightly obsessed with her. I see her next week & I CAN'T WAIT.

A few days ago my aunt was dressing Violet, & was trying to put her in a pair of shorts. Violet's all chub in the best way possible--from her cheeks to her thighs--& my aunt couldn't get her shorts on easily.

Violet said, "Come on mom! Get my beautiful booty in my shorts!"

That made me laugh so hard. I adore the fact that Violet knows she has a little bit of a "booty."  My family, especially the women, are all about being healthy--not skinny. If working out & eating well equals a lean body, than that's the way it is. But if not, at least we're doing everything we can. Not every woman in my family is a size 2--hell, I'm not--but we're healthy. Violet is lucky to grow up in a family like ours; a  family that never pressures anyone to look a certain way. 

So...if there's one thing to take away from this story, it's this: 

Violet's right...her booty is beautiful. 
& she know's it.



2 comments:

  1. OMG! So cute. I love the things that come out of kids sometimes. :) It looks like she is pulling some Beyonce moves in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah. She was modeling her new bathing suit ;) Girl knows how to work it.

    She's hilarious. Kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig