Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{my weekend | sweet freedom review}


Since we shared a recipe yesterday, here's my weekend post a day late.

Dylan & I came downstairs on Saturday literally wearing the same outfit. 

I was the one who had to change ;)


We decided not to go to the beach this weekend. My mom & stepdad did, so it was just Dyl & I for a few days. It was nice to have the house to ourselves :)  We just hung around, ran some errands, & cooked some good food.

On Sunday afternoon, we went downtown to an art store & a gluten-free bakery. We hadn't been to Sweet Freedom in a while, so we were excited to see what they'd added.

This picture makes me laugh. It's like the wall mural is pressuring you to go inside & buy something sweet, lol.


I love bakeries that have seating. It's not just grab & go.




We got a vanilla, red velvet, & chocolate cupcake, a chocolate-chip cookie, & a cookie sandwich.


The cookies were really good...but Dylan didn't really enjoy her cupcake. {We have yet to eat the vanilla & red velvet!}  In addition to being gluten-free & vegan, everything is free of soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts, & corn.

Now, I know I shouldn't complain, but I like my food to have everything BUT gluten. I can eat all the other stuff. When you take dairy out of a cupcake, it changes it...for the worse.


I've had a few other goodies of theirs in the past--like their donuts--that are always delicious. So even though Dylan didn't love her cupcake, it's definitely worth the trip there. It's the only gluten-free bakery in Philadelphia, so we'll always go back :)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig