Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{random happenings}




This is been a low-key, yet busy, few days.

On Sunday, I headed down to DC to drop my step-brother off at college. More specifically, I tagged along to watch the car, while my mom & stepdad unloaded the bags.  That explains the skateboard above...I had to keep myself occupied. {& if you're wondering...I didn't fall.}

I was last in DC in January & it so was fun to go back. It's such a great city; there is SO much to do. I'm definitely keeping it on my "list of potential cities" to look for jobs after graduation. {Although I asked a dumb political question on the car ride down that just shows why I shouldn't move there. I'd make a fool of myself.}

My step-brother has a great little apartment on campus & his roommates seemed really cool. Although when I first met them, I thought to myself they seem so old! seniors! But then one of the guys said he just turned 21, & I was smacked with reality that I'm a senior too. Again, when did that happen?!
.
.
.


For my gluten-free readers, I have a restaurant recommendation! I spent my birthday in NYC & ate dinner at Bistango Ristorante. Honestly, this knocks Risotteria out of the park. Their menu is completely celiac-friendly & gluten-free certified. They bring GF bread to the table, have endless GF desserts {like cake!}, & serve homemade gluten-free pasta. For the first time in 4.5 years, I had tortellini. It.was.divine.

Since it was my birthday, I also went into Tulu's Gluten-Free Bakery--an old favorite of mine--& practically robbed them. I have no shame in how much I bought there.
.
.
.


I have some exciting news to share. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you probably saw that I caught the Google Maps camera driving down my street &.....I'm pretty sure I made the map. See that red ladybug circle up top?  That's 20 cameras.

I called my stepsister out just in time, & we were so shocked to see it, I'm sure we'll be looking like this on the map:


Kidding. I'll look like this.


I'm off to NYC to pick up my birthday present, spend the night, & maybe get a haricut tomorrow. {I say maybe because I think I may chicken out.}  I'll be back with some pics tomorrow :)

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig