Thursday, August 30, 2012

{allow me to show you my new favorite thing}


Notice anything different?


If you're thinking...she got bangs!...you're right! I did ;)  

{Remember I said on Monday I would probably chicken out? I didn't!}

But the real answer is: what I'm holding.

My new camera! 

My mom & stepdad gave me a new camera & lens for my 21st, & I picked it up in NYC yesterday.

This is the brand new Canon T4i with a EF-S 18-55 IS II lens. This baby is all business.

{& while I'm at it...Mom: thank you again!!}

The best thing about this lens, though, is how wide it is. I can now take pictures of entire rooms. This will come in handy when I snap photos of my new apartment :)

While in NYC, my mom & I also crashed my aunt's hotel room, where she was staying on business. We stayed at the Hotel Gansevoort...most recognizable as the place where the Kardashian's live when they stay in NYC. {Don't judge me for watching that show.} 


Right across the street is Spice Market, where we went for dinner,  & Pastis, where we ate breakfast. Just look at that chocolat chaud. Yum.



When we got home, I immediately began packing for school. Our car is going to be jam-packed. You never realize how much stuff you have until you need to downsize & only pick a few things to bring. 

I'm headed up to Boston early tomorrow morning, but I'll be sure to stop in this weekend with a quick post. 

Happy Thursday! Make it a good one :)

3 comments:

  1. Aw you look so happy with your new camera, makes me sad to know it got all screwed up :(
    In other news I NEED MORE INFORMATION ON THE BANGS!!!! Life changing (sort of, not really).

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bangs! can't wait to see them in person (hopefully soon......!)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig