Thursday, August 23, 2012

{21}

We turn 21 today. Crazy.

That seems so old.

Since Dylan left for school this morning, we celebrated last night. We went out to dinner with my mom, stepdad, stepsister, & grandma. But before we left, two of my aunts stopped by to wish us a happy birthday :)

{Oh, & at the dinner? I ordered a Coke. I know, I know. I need to scale back the wild & crazy. I'll try.}

Thanks to technology, we were able to FaceTime with our dad & open up the gifts he shipped us. We were also able to toast some champagne with him. Made it feel like he was really "here" ;)

I love my family, but I love Dylan the most.

At midnight on the dot, Dyl & I hugged, wished each other a Happy Birthday, & swapped presents. In pajamas & all.

With her gift:


Me, with mine:



She got one of my favorite pictures of her & I made into a canvas! I absolutely love it & it created...instant tears. I've gotten so used to being with her this summer, & I'm so sad she's going back to school tomorrow   :( We'll see each other soon though. I'm gonna miss my bff, so please excuse the puffy eyes. 0.5 seconds after this was taken, I let the tears fall ;)


I got Dylan a necklace she fell in love with in California. I was able to buy it without her seeing {thanks to my mom's help}. She loved it :)



My canvas that describes us to a T:


I'm going to start to cry again while I try to put into words how much she means to me. So I'm going to keep it short.

My stepsister asked us tonight, "Do you like being twins?" & without any thought, I immediately said: yes.  

She's my best friend. I tell her everything. I can never--& will never--get bored of being with her or talking with her. She makes me laugh. She makes me cry.  She makes me challenge myself. She supports me. She makes me a better singer. She makes me a better sister. She makes me a better friend. She makes me a better person. I wouldn't be who I am without her, & can't imagine myself without her. She will do great things...& deserves it all.

Love you Dylan! Here's to a lifetime of sisterhood.

ps. IMB


1 comment:

  1. Aww, you two. In my head you and Dyl are Alice and Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig