Tuesday, November 13, 2012

{weekend, part II: seeing the olympians!}


On Sunday, my dad, Sophie, & I went to see the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions!  Gymnastics was one of my favorite events to watch in July, so I was admittedly very excited to see them. Sophie was so excited she could barely see straight.

We had perfect seats...dead center, 8th row. In addition to the Olympians, they had some members of the US team perform with them, a dance crew, & some special guests like Alicia Sacramone & Nastia Liukin. I was particularly excited that Nastia was there :)

I took SO many pictures!  I'm going to stop writing & let the pics speak for themselves...

Totally enthralled. 




Aly Raisman: 


Jordyn Wieber: 


Gabby Douglas:


Jordyn:


Gabby:



Men's Team: 





Nasita Liukin was incredible in this number!



McKayla Maroney is still recovering from an injury, so she only came out to dance & 
perform in the finale. She's on the bottom right:




Afterwards, we got to meet the team & get autographs! They were all so nice.  Sophie was a little shy, but when I said, "Say hi, Soph" all of the girls looked up & said hi to her :)

I've met a few celebrities in my lifetime, but I rarely get photos of them. I felt terrible taking pictures so up close, & apologized for it, but they all brushed it off. McKayla said, "We're used to it!"  I just thought Sophie would like to have proof that she met them :)



Here are some of my favorites in black & white:





Sorry for the picture overload...I just couldn't narrow them down :)

4 comments:

  1. As always, very interesting and great pictures. What a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thing to share with your lil sis! P.s Can you imagine being that fit and flexible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I have dreams of being able to flip & bend like those girls. Maybe in my next life...

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig