Monday, November 12, 2012

{my weekend, part I}


This weekend was crazy busy.  I took so many pics, so I'm splitting it into two posts.

On Friday I went up to my aunt's house to visit with them & see my Grandad. He'd driven up from my mom's with my car, so I spent the night & drove him to the airport on Saturday morning. It was so great to see my family! I also have a car to drive home next week with. Worked out perfectly.

Afterwards, I drove to my dad's to spend the day with my sibs. It was Clay's birthday, so we made a gluten-free, nut-free cake. I know it doesn't sound too good...but let me tell you. It was delicious.


I can't believe he's 12!  I remember the day he was born so clearly. My dad & stepmom lived in Los Angeles at the time, so we weren't near them.  Dyl & I were in basketball practice when we got the call. For nine months, we'd been hoping for a baby sister, but after hearing he was born, we were simply ecstatic. I do remember being shocked about his name, though, since we never thought it was on their potential name list. We only new one Clayton--the villain from Tarzan ;)  Our Clay is anything but bad. 

After we baked the cake, we headed to his football game. It's the play-offs, so we were hoping for a win!

It was such a nice night.



However, it was also so.freaking.cold. Squig's face sums up how I was feeling:


That's better.


Clay played offense the entire game. He was awesome!




& they won! Woohoo!
.
.
.

Squig & I also had a little photoshoot.


I adore this picture below, even if it is a little out of focus. Squig is a spirited, sometimes loud, girl {as evidenced above, haha}. But I love when I catch her at her quiet moments. 


 Love this girl.


Part II to come tomorrow. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig