Friday, October 12, 2012

{two artsy things for your Friday}


Sorry for the blog lull this week. After Dylan & Greta left, I had to catch up from the long weekend! I'll be back into the swing of things next week.

1. Coaster Lovin' 

I got a text from my cousin a few days ago with pictures of coasters she made from my instructions. I totally love them, don't you?


She also saw some already-made coasters made from old album covers. I haven't thought about doing this! I know a ton of people with old records lying around. If you do...make some coasters!


Thanks Linds for the ideas!  & if anyone else is making coasters from the instructions here, send me pics! I'll show 'em off :)

{Also...Holly--the girl behind the DIY coasters--told me she now uses cork for the bottoms, instead of felt. Try it!}

2. Typography Prints

Dylan is having a bunch of people over her apartment in the next few weeks {me included!}, so she & Greta have been busy bees getting the place decorated.  She asked me to make some prints for her to hang & I was thrilled to do them for her.

She gave me five of her favorite phrases, picked the font, & gave me color ideas. {I barely did any work.} I LOVED how they turned out!


If you are not familiar with Treat Yo Self, get off my blog.  Watch this:


"What A Wad" is a phrase coined by my mom. A friend of Dylan's recently broke up with her boyfriend, & when Dylan was telling my mom about the guy, she exclaimed, "What a wad."  The phrase stuck. Now, any time a guy is an asshole, we say, "Add him to the wad list!"

If anyone would like me to make prints for you like these, the one from my living room, or anything else, please let me know!  I don't charge ;)

I'll be back tomorrow to ask two favors of you all :) Does anyone have any big plans for the weekend?  I don't & couldn't be happier about it!

Happy Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig