Saturday, October 13, 2012

{two questions}


1. Shoes.

Does anyone have any fall shoe recommendations for me?!  I'm currently mourning the loss of my favorite fall boots :( The heels broke & I can't get them fixed. {I'm trying one more place this weekend.} I'm pretty annoyed about it, since they were expensive & I've only had them for a year. Sigh.

In the meantime, I've been wearing my faux Toms. But guess what? It's 50 degrees here & Dylan finally informed me that they looked ridiculous in this chilly weather. So...blog readers: HELP!

I just ordered these this morning:


But I need more. Short black boots?  Brown oxfords?  I was not loving the selection at DSW, my go-to shoe place, so any other ideas would be awesome! I'm totally striking out.

2. Sign Yo Name

Help a sister out. Please sign this petition?  

On the backs of all food boxes, the labeling must say, "Contains nuts, eggs, wheat," etc or "Made on a machine that processes nuts, wheats, eggs,"...but it never says gluten.  Everything that is gluten-free is wheat-free, but not everything that is wheat-free is gluten-free.  So Dylan & I--& people with Celiac Disease--need to change that!  Do you know how much time I would save by just looking for the words, "Gluten-Free" on food labels?  I'd be in & out of the food store in 5 minutes & off to save the world.

So....would you please sign this petition for us? We need 16,000 more signatures in two weeks. That's a lot in a little amount of time.  Every name helps.  & if you're in a room full of people, kindly ask them to do it too :)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/finalize-standards-gluten-free-labeling/SsmdZh3C?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig