Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{a gluten-free cinnamon bun!}


A few weeks ago, I walked passed a Cinnabon & my knees went weak. There are few smells as tantalizing as the aroma of freshly baked cinnamon buns. Am I right?  Ever since then they've been on my mind. So I was soooo happy to find gluten-free cinnamon buns tucked away in the frozen aisle of Pam MacD's.

They are made by Rising Hearts Bakery & come four to a package. {& I about DIED when I googled the company. There is an actual Rising Hearts Bakery very close to me in LA. If I go missing, look there.}


Before I get to the good stuff, there's two downsides to this product. The biggest? The fact that it's frozen. Now...I'm totally down with frozen foods. That's not the issue. {& the fact that it's frozen dough just makes the bun taste even better when you make it.} The problem?  I woke up the other morning so excited to have a bun for breakfast & almost cried when I read the directions. You have to let it rise to room temperature for 90 minutes, before baking it for 30 minutes. Say what?! 

Here's what it looks like after it's risen:


& here is the glorious cinnamon bun after it's baked:


It bakes perfectly every time. It's kinda crazy. Tip: Mine were done after 15 minutes of baking, not the suggested 30. Check the oven! 

I also went out & bought some cream-cheese icing to top it off. I may have put too much on. You can never have too much icing.


How AMAZING?

Apologies for the less-than-photogenic messy plate. I kinda went to town.


OMG were they delicious. It was actually a good thing that the entire process of baking one took 2 hours because I would've made another one right after I finished the first. 

The second downside is so not a big deal, but here it is: I'm not a fan of raisins, & these buns have 'em. But they aren't baked in--just placed--so it's super easy to pick them out :)

Who wants a cinnamon bun now? Did I tease you enough?

If you live in CA, look for these in your grocery store! & if you don't & really want them, Rising Hearts can ship to you. {But there's a pretty hefty price.}  OR...visit me! We'll eat some together.

**I was not compensated for this review. Just sharing the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig