Friday, April 20, 2012

{fashion friday}


In addition to Wishful Wednesday, I'm going to do a themed post each friday. Introducing...

For today's Fashion Friday, I'm going to tell you about my current shoe obsession: my faux Toms.

I'd like to begin by saying that Toms is a wonderful company. Their promise to donate one pair of shoes per every purchase is an inspiring action. They help SO many kids in need around the world.

However...I don't have $54 {& up} lying around for a pair of shoes. I definitely splurge on some pairs, but not on Toms.

Low & behold...last summer, I found these in TJMaxx:


Don't they look almost identical to TOM's??  They are made by Soda, & they are super comfy & WAY more affordable.

I recently purchased another pair on Amazon in a cheery red. They came last week & have been glued to my feet since I ripped open the box. See: 


I am so tempted to get five more colors :) For $23, you can't beat that price! Bonus: they came two days after I ordered them. Win for Amazon.

And because I'm not helping TOMs' cause of donating to children in need, I always make sure to slip any extra change into the charity boxes at the grocery store {especially when I'm wearing my fake TOMs!}

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M65KRK/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

And here's two outfits from my week...I went a little preppy ;)

{excuse my messy floor}
{outfit one: my faux toms, old navy shirt, & gap pants}
{outfit two: target shoes, gap shirt, & j.crew skirt}

Happy shopping & have a lively weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig