Wednesday, May 7, 2014

{nopalito}




Nopalito! How did I not know about you?

This restaurant is a ten minute walk from my apartment, has divine Mexican food, & the menu is almost completely gluten free. Three wins in my book.


Let's start with the drinks---their cocktail menu looked really fun. And that's coming from a girl who doesn't drink! My friend took a chance on the Mexcal Paloma {a smokey, grapefruit drink} & the girls sitting next to us were raving about the Margaritas. I, on the other hand, was very satisfied with my strawberry lemonade. It tasted so fresh I could've been sipping a straw sticking out of a strawberry.


For our appetizer, we ordered the Totopos con Chile. If you go, you MUST order these. They taste like upscale Doritos. I am not kidding.


^^Totopos con Chile...look at all the cheese!

My roommate got the Enchiladas for her entrĂ©e, which were great! A little too chocolatey than what I usually like, but honestly, that shredded chicken could turn any dish from okay to fab.


^^Enchiladas de Mole con Pollo


I went a little outside what I would normally order & got the Tamal de Birria con Pollo. I didn't know what I was in for...especially when it arrived in a corn husk! But once I dug in, I was so happy with my choice. It's the most tender, perfectly-seasoned shredded chicken wrapped in corn dough. It had a kick to it too, & for $6.50, you just can't beat it. 



^^Tamal de Birria con Pollo...amazing!

^^Bi-Rite Creamery was on the way home :)

If you're in SF, go to Nopalita! They have two locations & I guarantee you'll have a great meal. Check out the rest of their menu here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig