Thursday, August 8, 2013

{fun, cheap beachy art}


My aunt & uncle's house in Seaside, FL is BEAUTIFUL. It's literally eye candy. I actually feel like I'm living in an issue of Coastal Living magazine. I'm hoping to snap a few pics later this week to show you.

The best part? My aunt Kimbie is a DIY queen with a capital Q. I can't tell you how many times I've asked, "Where did you get this painting/art/table/chair?" only to have her answer modestly, "Oh, well...I made it." :) Love people like that.

I noticed four mirrored frames in the dining room with happy words written within them. I thought it was a simple, understated art piece, but she told be she just hadn't found the right thing to put in them yet. Well...when she was in town this morning, she found 4 beachy cards and they were perfect! All we did was cut off the back and tape them in the matte. Total coast? $3!

This whole project happened so fast, I didn't have time to run upstairs & grab my nice camera. So phone pics it is.


^^grr, I hate glares.




LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig