Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{a little cabinet makeover}


In my living room, I use the IKEA Rast Dresser as my tv stand. This is for a few reasons:

1) It was $30. Um...win.
2) It has storage & is sturdy.
3) It's a DIY-ers dream. It's plain wood, so you can paint, stain, wallpaper it like no tomorrow.

While reading Apartment Therapy one day, I stumbled upon a post entitled, "The Endlessly Adaptable IKEA Rast Dresser" & I had one word: wow.

It can go from this:

To this:



How unbelievable are those transformations?!

Up until this weekend, I was coming to terms with keeping my apartment walls the way they were--white. Blah. That sounds dramatic, but you all know how much I hate white. So to add a pop of color, I decided I would try this:


How amazing?  I love the chevron pattern as it is, but painting it vertically is not only unexpected, but visually stunning. I even decided on a similar shade of green during my paint chip excursion to add the color my apartment desperately needs.

But...

In a very last-minute decision, I decided to paint my walls this weekend, so this Rast project was put on hold. Not only that, but I completely scratched the green chevron idea since it would clash with the new wall color.

Even though the walls look awesome {post coming soon!} my Rast was still looking pretty plain. & since the room is still evolving, I didn't want to paint it yet. That left me with one last option. So I headed to my favorite store for some...drumroll please....

Knobs!

Who else loves Anthropologie's hardware?  I've already bragged about my fabulous knobs from my bathroom at home, so you know I do. There are so many to choose from, I didn't know where to look first. I decided to go off of the colors in my curtains--purple, pink, green, & grey--to tie the room together a little more. 

{please ignore the wrinkles} 



So here are the ones I chose:



Cute, right?  It only took 10 minutes to swap out the knobs & I was very pleased with the result!  



& to give you a sneak preview, this is what I did:



Until tomorrow!

*my apartment lighting is terrible, so I apologize for the yellow tint in all the photos! I'm determined to fix this...soon.

1 comment:

  1. those transformations are amazing.... definitely putting me in the mood for some DIY!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig