Tuesday, June 24, 2014

{chicago, part I}


A Chicago recap...

Friday.

Like I mentioned last week, I worked for a few hours after I arrived. But since the rest of the weekend was going to be filled with rain, I signed off & made my way towards the action. I almost went to Navy Pier---because it's a favorite of mine---but the John Hancock building was calling my name. In all of the times I've visited this city, I've never been to the top! That had to change.


There was no line, so I raced right up & was greeted by this view:





$18.00 well spent. There isn't a time limit on how long you can stay up there, so I ordered some gelato & just chilled for about an hour. I couldn't get over the view.



Once I came back down I ventured over to my sister's old neck of the woods & window-shopped for a bit. Love this area of town.




I couldn't decide on what to do for dinner...but then I ran into Rosebud's! We had dinner there last year after Dylan's graduation & it was one of the best nights of my life.  For many reasons. But the food is pretty divine. So while I watched the crowd gather outside of Giordano's across the street, I enjoyed the world's best chicken parmesan & gf spaghetti from the most perfect outside table.




The fog began to drift back out & the temps started to drop, but I wasn't ready to call it a night yet. I mean, this city is just amazing.





So I people-watched.





It was one of the best nights in a while. There's something so fun about traveling by yourself & exploring a city solo. I came back to SF determined to do this here.

That's enough photos for one post. Donuts to come in the next. Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig