Friday, January 3, 2014

{a new year & teeth woes}

How was everyone's New Year?

I'm not really a big NYE gal--I'm all for celebrating the start of a new year, but it's the late night parties that I usually skip. My sister & I kept things super low-key on Wednesday and just watched a movie at home. I went up to bed around 11pm & by the time I looked at the clock, it was 12:03. I toasted with a bottle of water :)  Maybe in my next life I'll be cooler. Ha!

My family has been hit with teeth woes this week. Dylan had gum surgery last Friday, so she's been unable to talk or eat for a week. It was a bummer not being about to chat with her during the last few days of my trip, but just being together was perfectly fine too.  But now I'm really looking forward to our trip together in February so we can get back to our normal chatty (eating) selves :)

On top of that, my stepsister had her wisdom teeth taken out, so I was really the only kid able to eat! Until, that is, I bit into a pretzel & chipped my front tooth. UGH. I will spare you a picture, but I'm stuck looking like a boxer until Tuesday. What a great way to introduce myself to my new SF dentist, right?

{I don't even want to mention the fact that I went to my dentist once & orthodontist twice earlier this week. Got a perfect score on all my check-ups, but this still had to happen. Again: UGH.}

I'm back in SF now. I was lucky in that my flight scooted out right before the snow storm hit last night. I can't say a few more days stuck at home wouldn't have been amazing, but I think I need to get back to my daily routine & time zone. Oh, & my job ;)

This trip home was just what I needed. I saw 99% of my family, including all of my parents & sibs, & just relaxed relaxed relaxed. I didn't get to see many friends, but lots of them are headed out west soon, so we'll make up for it then.

My plans for the weekend are to get some bedroom design posts ready. I arrived back in SF armed with gift cards to get this decor show on the road. I've picked out a carpet & curtains, so now that I have a color scheme, I'll be able to start working. I'm also hoping to get some photos of my apartment this weekend to show you all. That's way over-do. AND…I'm going to write a post on my resolutions for the year.

Again, I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

I'll leave you with a photo from this week that I LOVE. Dylan smiling as best she can, considering all the gauze & pain inside her mouth & me, smiling because we were at SONIC :)

{Also, both of our hair looks pretty good. Ha!}

I miss the days when I had 100% of my teeth.

1 comment:

  1. Yeow! I'm sorry to hear about your family's tooth troubles over the New Year celebrations! What a way to ring in 2014. I do hope that your chipped tooth has been remedied by now?

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig