Thursday, November 28, 2013

{what i'm thankful for}


Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm down in Southern California with my uncle & grandparents this year.
 It's my first west coast Thanksgiving! 
And although I really miss being home with the rest of my family, 
& the cozy, cold weather, 
& our dog, 
& seeing my friends...

Where I am today is not too shabby.



On my run this morning, I reflected on all that I am thankful for this year,
& to be honest... I'm a little overwhelmed. 
Blessed is an understatement.

Here's my list, so I can look back on it in years to come...

1. My parents
I really don't know how I got lucky enough to get them as parents, 
but I will never stop being grateful for the fact that I did.

2. Dylan
I love & miss her so much. 
Her support these past few months has been unwavering,
& so appreciated. 
She's just the best.

3. My sibs
All of them. Being their sister is such a privilege.

4. My job
It's stable, I can support myself, the company is fantastic, 
& my co-workers are amazing. 

5. My uncle
He's let me live with him for two months! 
He should really be #1 this year ;)

6. New creative opportunities
My six months of job-hunting turned out to be an unexpected season of taking chances...
& people taking chances on me. 

7. My health
Besides Celiac Disease, which is minor in the grand scheme of things, I am healthy. 
To have an able, working body is something I'm so grateful for.

8. The good health of my family
Let's keep it that way :)

9. Personal growth
Mentally & emotionally, this year has been full of growth for me.
I am more secure about who I am more than ever before. It's a nice change.

10. A new place to live
I found an apartment! More on that soon.

11. All of you
I am so grateful for everyone who reads the blog--wherever you are in the world, 
no matter who you are. 
Thank you.


^^From my run. 

Dinner is being served....so that's all for today. 
More photos coming soon!
{& I'll tell ya about the gluten-free apple crisp I made, too. let's hope it's good!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig