Monday, December 2, 2013

{thanksgiving photos + gf apple crisp}


The day before Thanksgiving, we walked around Laguna Beach for a bit.
The weather was 70 & sunny. Oh, it was amazing. 





Thanksgiving day was low key & perfect.
In the morning I went for a long run & then went swimming!  {a Thanksgiving first for me.}
In the afternoon we watched football, finished cooking, 
& engaged in a photo war with the rest of the family on the East Coast. 
It was hilarious & epic & a great way to feel like we were all together.

Our pretty table:




The spread! 
{minus a few key entrées...}


^^Brussel sprouts are probably my favorite food. I'm obsessed. 
These were roasted with a little lemon & honey. SO GOOD.


^^My apple crisp before it went in the oven. Look at all that topping. Yum.

^^Baked to perfection!


This was one of the easiest desserts I've ever baked, 
& one of the most delicious. 
I'm not a baked fruit/pie/crumb/crisp person…
but this was unreal.
It was also voted the best dessert of the night…by every single person.
& they don't even have Celiac. 

Let that sink in for a second.

BONUS--there was no sugar added! {besides a bunch of honey, but let's not count that.}
Here's how to make it.
Two musts: 
1) Serve it with vanilla ice cream. 
2) Eat the leftovers for breakfast.
I'll be making it again for Christmas, so East Coast folks…get ready!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig