Tuesday, November 26, 2013

{diy project: faux blue opaline glass}


Have you ever read the blog Little Green Notebook? It's one of my current faves. She's an amazing interior designer & ultimate DIY-er & I'm currently lusting after her new herringbone floors.

A few weeks ago she blogged about how to make faux blue opaline glass. I fell in love. The top of my dresser has been a crazy mess these days. By the time I get home from work, I all but throw my jewelry off on top of it. So between papers & receipts & books…my valuables are not placed where they should be. I needed better, pretty organization…& this was perfect!

This project is so easy & cheap. All you need are clear, glass bowls & spray paint.

I went to the Salvation Army & got the four below for $4.50. Total steal. Here's the whole process in pictures & captions...


^^clean each thoroughly before painting!


 ^^only paint the outside of the bowls!!

 ^^a couple of thin coats should do the trick





^^perfect edges


Don't they look great?!
All credit goes to Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig