Thursday, January 24, 2013

{settling into LA}


So I've been here a little over two weeks. In some ways it feels like I got here yesterday, but in other ways.... In other ways it feels like I've been here for months.

First & foremost...I love the weather. It was a bit chilly last week, but the temp has risen & it's been glorious!  Sunny, warm weather makes me a happier person, so I'm basically smiling 24/7 here.  {And it surely beats the negative temps back East!}

Like I mentioned last week, I LOVE my job. I seriously can't wait to go to work each morning.  The women in my little department are so nice & hilarious & just plain old entertaining to be around. {They're also very patient with me while I learn the ropes of this job.} Working on a television set is more exciting than I anticipated {& my bar was pretty high}. The air is always buzzing, people are constantly on the move, & I've even learned a lot from Dr. Phil by just watching each episode :)  & I've seen a few celebs!

For those wondering... I am the Stage/Talent intern. Basically my department takes care of all the guests who appear on the show. I get them from their car, bring them up to the dressing room, put them through hair/makeup/wardrobe, get them from the stage, etc. It's all fun, important work.

I'm also finally getting used to my new routine. Since my day starts so early, the night before I set out my clothes, make my lunch, & pack my bag. I don't want to wake up my roommate/be loud, so I like everything to be ready in the morning.

Here's my day Monday--Wednesday:

5:10am: Alarm goes off.
5:15am: Shower & get dressed.
5:25am: Breakfast/Check email.
5:45am: Clean my dishes.
5:50am: Put on makeup.
6:00am: Out the door!
6:15am: Arrive at Paramount.


6:30pm--3:00pm-ish: Work! We tape two shows a day so I'm busy busy busy all morning!  We eat lunch when the second show is taping.
3:15pm: Arrive at home. Change out of my work clothes.
3:30pm--6:20pm: Errands/Catch up on tv/homework.
6:20pm: Leave for class.
7:00pm-10:45pm: Class. {Tuesday/Wednesday}
11:00pm: Home, make tea, pajamas, bed.

Tuesdays & Wednesdays are gonna be rough. It's a long day. But the GREAT news is that my job rocks & my classes are awesome. So it's all good.

There's so many things on my to-do list while I'm here I fear I will run out of time!

Any readers out there have any suggestions? Any LA places I must see? {Besides Disney, obvs, because that's clearly #1.}  Tell me!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous of the weather :( :( :(

    The past few days have been the coldest on record Dylan has survived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read that the job is going well! Let's talk soon about when we can get together again. I'd be happy to fly you up for a weekend. Also, good to know that your alarm goes of at 5:10. - Dog

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig