Monday, December 3, 2012

{christmas decorating!}


I'm only here for ten more days, but I still wanted it to feel like Christmas around the apartment.

First order of business? The tree. I'm a real Christmas tree girl.  Like...bundle up & go to the farm & cut down your own tree kind of real.  So when I saw the $90 price tag on the 4 foot Christmas trees, I almost started to cry. Because I knew it wasn't worth just ten days.  I came to terms with the fact that if I wanted a tree this year, I would have to cross over to the dark side: fake.

So I went fake. & found this little guy.


No ornaments {yet}, but I did make that star out of felt. & then wrapped it up in lights. He may not be real, but he gets the job done.

Next order of business...more lights!  I just grabbed a random box of lights at the hardware store, thinking it would be enough to drape across one wall, but little did I know how long it was! I was happily surprised to realize it could wrap around the entire room.  I'm glad I got some with a white cord, as opposed to a green one, because it blends nicely with the paint.




I love it! Most nights are spent with all the lights off...& just the Christmas lights on :)

Last but not least, I switched out the pictures in my frames. I found a pretty vintage drawing of a girl hanging up ornaments online that I printed. I put that one in the oval frame.

For the black frame, I made my own print. But I'm going to be completely honest...I did NOT come up with this on my own. I saw it on Pinterest, so I re-created it myself. So credit goes to the wonderful person who designed it in the first place. 



Again, sorry the photos are so terrible.

So that's it for the decorating! It was really the perfect weekend to do it, since we got a little bit of snow! Made it all seem that much more festive.


On Friday I watched Christmas Vacation, Saturday night I watched Elf, & Chris Botti's holiday album has been playing since Thursday. This season's gonna be a good one.

I'm so ready for finals to be over so I can go home & be with my family!!!

2 comments:

  1. You make me smile and go decorate my home. Great job. So ready for the holidays. Love you

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig