Thursday, July 10, 2014

{movies worth seeing}


Here are four films I've seen recently that I've really enjoyed...


Chef (2014)

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. So fresh & charming, with an all-star cast. Don't go on an empty stomach because you'll be salivating at all the marvelous food. Jon Favreau made the triple play of writing, directing, & starring in a movie seem effortless. Spoiler alert: the grilled cheese he makes looks {& sounds} to die for.



The Sessions (2012)

If you've seen the trailer or know what it's about, it may surprise you that it's on my list. I am too. I watched it as a result of an eeny-meeny-miny-mo situation...& loved it. Helen Hunt was amazing, William H. Macy was perfect, John Hawkes was incredible. Not many movies make me cry, but this one completely moved me. I totally judged it by the plot description & was so pleasantly surprised by it. Though the subject matter may suggest it's raunchy, it is almost the opposite. It's funny, romantic, & totally caught me off guard. I highly recommend it.



Belle (2014)

This movie was not on my radar, but my grandmother chose it...so we went!  The acting wasn't outstanding, but I was enchanted by the costumes, setting, & film score. It's worth seeing though {& watch the trailer for some plot background...I tried to sum it up in a sentence & was having trouble.}




The Sound of Music

Yes, I'm putting this on here...because I recently learned not everyone has seen it!?!  I'm specifically talking about my roommate who, thanks to moi, has now watched 50% of it. {We had to split it up due to the length, but I promise you -- it will be finished. Soon.} The songs, the landscapes...Julie!! It's just a masterpiece.

{old-school trailers makes me laugh...it's so long!} 

1 comment:

  1. You had me at Robert Downey Jr. I could watch that man read the phone book.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig