Sunday, October 13, 2013

{one week in}


I've been living & working in San Francisco for a little over a week now! But since I've spent the better part of my month out here, it feels like I've been here longer :)  I've been so busy I haven't even taken out my camera. Hopefully that changes soon. Here are some updates:

work:

I had the best first week. Luckily I didn't start on a crazy busy I-don't-understand-anything-that's-going-on kind of week. My team has been so patient & helpful with explaining everything. My commute is so easy: short walk, short subway ride, & then another short walk. I stroll through such an amazing part of the city; cute coffee shops, stylin' stores, & amazing restaurants are all within walking distance to the office. And walking up to my company's doors? I literally pinch myself. I'm just feeling so fortunate about everything.

living:

I'm pretty much settled in to my room at my uncle's place. The situation as it is now is working totally fine; again, I'm so lucky to have family here. He's not sick of me yet ;) But even so, I've still been spending a few minutes each day looking for apartments & roommates. This city is bustling with people my age, so I don't think it'll take too long to find something. (hopefully.) I'm not stressing about it quite yet. I think I'm almost adjusted to the time change, which is good. And the weather? It's amaze. Sunny & blue skies nearly every day, & officially sweater weather.

emotions:

Had to add this in there :) Not gonna lie...I was so worried I was going to be homesick & freak out & think oh my god why did I just move across the country to an unfamiliar city where I only know three people?! But guess what? I'm okay! More than okay. I haven't really gotten homesick yet (which for me is huge) & I've never regretted this for a second. Consider myself happily surprised. Don't get me wrong: I definitely miss my family. A LOT. When I think about how far away it is until I see Dylan--which, for the record, is not even planned yet, but will probably be Thanksgiving or later--I lose my breath. And when I think about how my younger brothers will probably grow a foot (each) by the time I see them at Christmas, it makes me want to hop on a plane back to Boston. But that's life. There may be a point down the road where I live & work close to my family, but for now I'm okay. I'm so excited about this phase of my life.

.........

This week will be a good one. My mom & stepdad are coming to town! They had this trip planned way before I up & got a job & moved here, but it's so perfectly timed. I can't wait to see them. I have off tomorrow, too, which is always fun. I think I'm going to hit up Costco at some point & become a member. Hello adulthood?

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig