Wednesday, October 9, 2013

{diy project: armoire makeover, part III}

{Part I}
{Part II}

The fun & final part! Knobs!

My mom & I headed to one of my favorite places for knobs...Anthropologie!

We thought that since we went a little boring on the color of the armoire, we could be more adventurous with the hardware. We walked in thinking color! patterns! fun!

There were lots of gorgeous options, but we narrowed it down to two:

This crystal octagon knob:


& one very similar to this golden metallic knob:

^^I can't find the actual knob online, so this'll have to do.

To be safe, I bought four blue knobs & two gold knobs, that way I could try them out. But I already picked: I was in love with the blue crystal knob. I pictured it in my mind on the dresser & thought it looked so chic. I thought it was the perfect mix between vintage-y & bold. It was just the pop the armoire needed! 
Fist-pumping the air, I walked out of Anthro ready to see them on the dresser in person.





After trying out both, the clear winner was...GOLD! I was so wrong! Don't you agree that it just looks better? The blue knobs just made the armoire look...cheap. Or something else I can't think of the word for. 

Once all of the gold knobs were on, I was finally 100% happy with the end result. I love it! I wish I could fly it out to San Francisco :)

The whole process was so fun & really a lot less complicated than I thought it would be. Full disclosure: this took me two months. It could've taken two days. Ha! But I had such a blast working on it with my mom, that I'm glad it took a long time :)

Here's the final before & after:






If you have any other questions about this project, feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig