Wednesday, October 16, 2013

{fab finds}


After many years of research, my mom & I have come to the same conclusion: Costco has the best cashmere sweaters.

Can you believe it? We've tried everything: Gap, J.Crew, Banana Republic, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Anthro, & more. But the sweaters that stay soft & true to size & don't pill? Costco.

We've been waiting for them to come out again for the fall & they finally did!  I was there this weekend & nearly knocked people over to get to them. They have a few different styles, but the only one I liked was the classic v-neck. There's also a good selection of colors, but in true form...I went for black. But then I thought, I should get TWO right?? {The women in my family have this special gene where we're physically required to buy two of everything if there's another good color choice. We're aware that it's an issue.}  So I bought black & camel. SO GLAD I did that.


^^I was sweating by the time I got to work {75*F here}, but what are ya gonna do.

They retail around $119.99, but considering they're 100% cashmere & made in Italy (& look freaking amazing & don't pill don't pill don't pill}...they are well worth it. I can't read the tag to tell you the brand, {it's not Kirkland} because it's in cursive that isn't really legible, but the name seems legit & Italian. Go get yourself some!
.
.
.
I also wandered into Nordstrom Rack this weekend to look for new shoes. Since I walk to work, I need to have a shoe that's equal parts comfortable & stylish. {I'm trying to avoid the "wear sneakers & carry your heels" thing because that's annoying.} The place was overflowing with cute stuff, but since I'd just dropped big $$$ on those sweaters ^^, I reigned myself in a little.

If you've read this blog before, you know I have a longtime love affair with my favorite Cole Haan cheetah flats; but since I wear them so often, they've taken quite the beating. My mom told me I need to start thinking about throwing them away. That hasn't happened yet. Full disclosure: I'm wearing them at work right now. But look what Nordstrom Rack had...


I officially have a back-up cheetah flat! I'm slowly transitioning. These aren't available online, but the store I was in had SO MANY pairs so maybe yours will to? They were also under $50 & five strangers told me I had to get them when I tried them on. You can't argue with that logic.

Happy Shopping Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig