Thursday, May 16, 2013

{some more favorite LA spots}


This will be my last post on LA. I forgot to write about some of the fun things I did while I was there...so here it is!



1. Disneyland

I just went in August to celebrate my birthday, but I HAD to go again. When Dylan & her friends came, we decided to go one Friday. We were at the park from 8:30am to 5:30pm. The skies were mostly stormy, but it only rained for about 10 minutes, and we didn't wait longer than 15 minutes for any ride. It was seriously the best Disney day ever. {Tip: only go on a chilly day & when there's a slight chance of rain. No parent wants to bring their kids to Disney on a rainy day. The park is virtually empty!}


2. Warner Brother's Studio Tour

This was so awesome...I went twice! SO many movies & tv shows film on the WB lot. You can see sets from Mike & Molly, Two and a Half Men, Conan, The Ellen Show, Pretty Little Liars, Hart of Dixie, and more!  The old Friends set is still there, as are costumes & props from pictures like Inception, Argo, the Dark  Night triolgy, Gossip Girl, Smallville, and Harry Potter. The tour is about 2.5 hours long & $50, but it's totally worth it.


3. PaleyFest

PaleyFest is an annual event that celebrates the best shows in television. I've been twice now: for Parks & Recreation and Parenthood. Shows like Dexter, True Blood, The Newsroom, Girls, New Girl, and Once Upon A Time have been honored in the past few years.  For each show, you watch an episode in the Saban Theatre & then have a Q&A session with the entire cast. Tickets are totally affordable & you get to spend a night with the stars! It's a really neat way to get to know your favorite shows more. The producers, writers, & cast always do an excellent job answering fan questions & giving an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes. I tried to ask a question this year, but they couldn't give the microphone to me in time :( The entire cast did say hi & acknowledge me though! :)


4. Lemonade

I had one of the best meals in LA here. All of their food is fresh, portion-controlled, & delicious. They had pasta salads, green salads, nine different soups, & desserts. Not only that...but all of the food is labeled! In each description, it uses icons for vegetarian, gluten-free, or vegan.  Of course, the name says it all. They serve around ten different flavors of lemonade! I was bored & got the Arnold Palmer, but the Watermelon Rosemary was so good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig