Tuesday, May 19, 2015

{a new series: working girls}


I've posted a total of...five (?!)...times in 2015!  So I'm doing something about it. By introducing a new series: 

Working Girls

I’m about a year and a half into my career and as much as I love what I do, my curiosity to know about other professions and industries never dims. That's normal, right? I think so! There are so many different types of jobs out there and so many cities for young professionals to live in...& I wanted to highlight some of those options. Luckily my girlfriends were eager to help.

I individually interviewed a group of my closest friends {from childhood to post-grad} & asked them the same set of questions. Questions about their career, their work/life balance, their best advice & more.  I did this for two reasons: 

1) Again, I was genuinely curious. I see snippets of my friends' lives on social media and from the occasional catch-up, but I wanted to know more

2) If there is a young woman, whether high school or college or beyond, who reads this blog and is feeling confused about their path—what they should major in, what they want to do, where they should liveI want to encourage them that there is no right way to go. There are so many options, and even if you don’t choose the predictable route, you can end up doing something great and learn something valuable for when you do figure it out.

These girlfriends of mine rock. You'll love them. I chose each one because they live all over the country, work in various industries, & each have their own unique story.

I cannot begin to explain how impressed I was by every single interview.  Their answers are inspiring, thought-provoking, & honest. They keep it real.  

I hope you enjoy...  first one goes live tomorrow.

xx


{photo from someecards}

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig