Friday, July 12, 2013

{diy project: painting t-shirts}



Since girl's weekend & July 4th were happening in the same week, I wanted to make something festive for the girls to remember the trip by. My mom & I found a great project while browsing through Martha Stewart Living & we immediately hopped in the car to head to Michael's. Painting t-shirts!

Here's what you need:


Then decide what you're going to do!


Here's what we did:




We let all six shirts dry before we stenciled the letters.


^^^LBI stands for Long Beach Island ;)

Other shirts...





^^^this may have been my favorite of the day. just a little star on the pocket :)

Now the super important part...

To make them machine washable, you must do 2 things:

1) Let them dry for 24 HOURS. 

2) Iron them. How to do that:



If the iron doesn't cover the entire area, iron it in sections. Hold it to one section for 30 seconds, lift, then press to another section. DON'T move the iron around the area like you normally would to get wrinkles out. That's no bueno.

I finished right in the nick of time. I laid a t-shirt on each bed for the girls & they were happily surprised!


I especially love how it looked on Shelby, because it made her tattoo look that much more awesome.


I should've gotten a group shot of us wearing them. But trust me...they all looked good ;)

I have a few more white shirts. I can't decide what to do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig