Monday, January 1, 2018

{2017 year in review}


JANUARY
–Rang in the new year at our beach house.
–On 1/4, I spent the night in the ER... for medical issues that would eventually haunt me the rest of the year.
–Work was crazy busy.


FEBRUARY
–Car troubles.
–Dylan and I planned our English countryside road trip one night, on a whim, and I started studying for driving across the pond.
–Went on my last shoot ever for the account I've worked on for 3+ years. So bittersweet!





MARCH
–Transitioned to a new account at work. Weird, but good, change.
–Spent another night in the ER for the same issue as January.
–My agency celebrated International Women's Day in a really cool way.
–Visited LA for a few days with my mom.


APRIL
–The fam came to San Francisco for Easter; it was filled with great hikes and good food.
–Dylan and I went to England! It was a dream from start to finish. More on that trip here.


MAY
–The worst ER trip yet. Still have PTSD from it, but thankfully no issues since then!
–Saw my BFF from high school when she visited for the weekend.
–Went on the greatest Big Sur hike with my best friend.


JUNE
–Went to the Sound of Music sing-a-long in LA for the second year in a row and loved it as much as the first time.
–Got new, much-needed glasses.
–Cut my hair way too short. (That's the before photo above.)


JULY
Hardest month. My best friend moved away and my cousin died unexpectedly. Lots of loss and grief.


AUGUST
–Spent a few weeks back east for some much needed family time. Really thankful that my job slowed down and my company was so supportive of giving me the time I needed.
–I met my parent's new puppy, Ziggy, and fell in love.
–Turned 26!


SEPTEMBER
–More car troubles...except my own fault this time. I pulled the gas door off of my own car. Lol.
–I helped throw a baby shower for my friend at work!
–Flew home again for a family wedding.
–Went on production for the first time in eight months at work. My longest stretch in four years!
–Ended it by cheering on my family at the Santa Cruz Triathlon in honor of my cousin.


OCTOBER
–Spent two weekends in LA. The first consisted of the Coldplay concert (I've now seen them in NJ, PA, MA, and CA x 2) and Disneyland! As you can see, I dominated on the Buzz Lightyear ride. Hahaha.
–I photographed a family for their Christmas card.
Recommitted myself to learning the piano.
–Ended the month at a shoot in Malibu.


NOVEMBER
–Met my friend's new baby <3
–Joined a gym (!!) and worked out for 21 straight days. I can't wait to get back into the fitness routine after the new year.
–Spent Thanksgiving in Pebble Beach with my family.
–A fun work project went live... a faux magazine cover ad!


DECEMBER
–Work was a little crazy.
–I did another photo session with the sweetest new family of three.
–I spent Christmas at home in PA. Ten days with family (including all of my siblings) and it was so good for the soul <3
–Registered for my first triathlon!!

---

2017 was a year of transition at work, grief and loss with my family, and tough medical issues. It wasn't my favorite year, but there were still a lot of beautiful, memorable moments. I'm looking forward to what 2018 will bring!

Happy new year.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig