Tuesday, June 11, 2013

{diy project: a canvas for my sister's room}


Like I said a few weeks ago, I've been itching to paint. So I finally made it happen.

My sister just moved into her fancy NYC apartment last weekend, & although her furniture looks great...she has no art! I hate bare walls more than white walls...& these were both. So after browsing Michaels for an hour & researching ideas online, I finally decided what to do.

I would recreate {a smaller-scale version of} this Young House Love canvas....


But with the colors of Dylan's curtains...


Pretty, right?

After picking my paint, I used a ruler to trace lines on the canvas to map out my shapes. Each line is exactly one inch apart to make things easy. Then I got to painting.


Here's the end result:


I thought it came out great! 

This was a really simple, easy, project; it just took a bit more time than I expected. But I finally itched my painting bug :)

I'll be back this week to show you what else we hung on her walls. Spoiler alert: the painting looks awesome!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!! Can't wait to see it in person in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything you do on canvas! i really want to start doing them...do you get the mounted canvas right at Michaels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I got everything at Michaels. If you want to know exact brands of the canvas & paint, let me know!

      Miss you!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig