Thursday, June 7, 2012

{schär pizza crust}

Quick post this morning, since I'm a busy bee today.

A few weeks ago I tried Schär's pizza crust for the first time. In the past, I've only had frozen crusts from Whole Foods {like Glutino, Udi's, or Amy's}.

I'm not the biggest fan of Schär's; their pasta is good, but all their bread isn't soft. A lot of their bread products require baking before you eat them, which is a drag. I love homemade pizza, so I was excited to try this.


My sister & I made simple margarita pizzas with fresh grated mozzarella, tomato sauce, and some pieces of grilled chicken.

Here they are before we put them on the oven:


We felt pretty legit with the pizza blocks. I don't have an after picture because there was a minor catastrophe. {I don't think my sister is over it yet, lol.} Let's just say I fumbled a bit while taking the pizzas out and Dylan's pizza ended up on the oven door. She still swears her pizza tasted like "oven door." :P

But they were delicious! I'm definitely going to get these again. I want to make BBQ chicken pizza with it :)

To my Celiac chicks out there...have you tried Schär's crust? What are your favorite gluten-free pizza recipes? Share please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig